SALT - Lent

Ok, so I'm one of those Christians that has never practised Lent, although am happy to participate in lots of pancake and chocolate eating all through the year, never mind at particular times! So Lythan's challenge was a little tricky. However, the Lord brought to mind a message Andy Christofides preached at a conference I went to, where he said, if there is only one thing you remember from this message it is to... Read your Bible and Pray every day! Now I can't say I keep to this, but it certainly something I strive for. So I have created this hanging to remind myself, so rather than giving something up, I'm trying to adopt something, not just for now, but for always.


Ingredients:
PP by Anna Griffin, flowers by Prima and Xcut punches, stamp by HOTP, feathers and thread from stash.

4 comments:

Tracey said...

There's a song my 4yo learned at Sunday School. When they get to the words "So read your Bible, pray everyday..." they jump up and down. Of course that makes it his favorite song. Your sign made me think of him jumping so happily. Thanks! ~:-)

Hazel said...

It couldn't be a better response for Lent - I love it Ruth. And it made me think of the song too!

Marlou McAlees said...

this is beautiful!!!! :)

Esther said...

The colours are fab! and hopefully bright enough for you to read everyday as a reminder! A great interpretation on the topic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...