SALT - Speaking with kindness

What a challenge!
Julie was so thought provoking with her challenge this week. And isn't it wonderful when God tells you something and keeps repeating it until you really hear it!? Dealing with my children in a loving way is an on going struggle for me. Sometimes my responses could be justified, but usually they can't. However I am called to be like Christ, and His response is the one I must strive to be like. The piece I made will be hung in a prominent place to remind me! When I was taking a photo of it to put on the blog, my youngest son knocked over a glass of water, having the hanging in front of me helped me bite my tongue!!!



TIP: Used Tim Holtz's new rosette die. I haven't got the extending plates for my Cuttlebug, however I figured a way around it, I put some removable tape on the die to temporarily hold the paper to it. Did one side, then did the other. I also used the Martha Stewart Doily punch down one side before cutting it with the die.

3 comments:

Lythan said...

that is just such a fabulous idea for contemplative art. I love it:)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece - and so useful too! I need many many reminders! :) funny how things happen at just the right time too - love your water store! :)

Hazel said...

Very clever and effective crafting - love it - had to laugh at the water - so apt for the challenge x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...